Call for Abstract
Before registration, please read carefully abstract submission guidelines described in this article and the information to be announced on the convention website at any time. Please note we are not responsible for any trouble caused by not reading the instructions.
Ⅰ. Application requirements
1. Anyone is eligible for application as long as the research contributes to physical therapy.
2. Although abstract registration is free in principle, those who are not members of the Japanese Physical Therapy Association who have a physical therapist license in Japan are required to pay the abstract registration fee of 10,000 yen (excluding tax) per person no matter whether the person is a principle presenter or a co-presenter. (Those who do not have a physical therapist license in Japan as well as those who have a physical therapist license abroad are not charged). Members who suspend their membership are also subject to the abstract registration fee payment.
Ⅱ. Restriction on application for the first speaker
1. Abstracts that can be registered as a first speaker are up to 1. It is not possible to register the same subject multiple times or register similar subjects.
Ⅲ. Application notice
1. Please make sure that the contents of the abstract submitted and the actual presentation are not significantly different.
2. Do not submit abstracts that are similar in contents or that are submitted to or published by other academic societies or magazines. If these facts are discovered after the adoption of the abstract, it may be canceled.
[Ethical consideration] will be published in the abstracts as well as used for an abstract review, and it will be also included in abstract word count.
4. Please be aware that a resistant takes full responsibilities for all of the notes indicated above (item 1 to 3).
5. The copyright of abstracts belongs to the association and the principle speaker. The abstracts will be published online.
6. Basically, you cannot cancel registration after the abstract submission period or change the registered contents.
7. When the principle speaker is not able to make a presentation, the co-speaker should make the presentation.
8. We regard change of the presenter as a proxy presentation by the co- speaker. Only the principle presenter is able to register the presentation as lifelong learning points (points for presentation) of the Japanese Physical Therapy Association (neither double issuance nor sharing by speakers is possible).
9. If you are unable to make a presentation on the day, please note that the registration of the speaker for the academic conferences next year including co-speakers may not be permitted.
10. Please submit your application after obtaining the approval of the co- speaker. Please note that the co-speakers will take the same responsibilities as the principle speaker.
1. Attention and Requests regarding use of E-mail
1) All e-mails related to the abstract registration will be sent to the account with which the abstract was registered. We may send important notices, so please occasionally check your E-mail box. Therefore, please do not change E-mail address until the end of this conference.
2) Please do not use mobile mail. If you use free E-mail service, please note that E-mails sent from the Preparation Committee may be classified as a junk mail.
3) If you do not receive E-mail within approximately 7 days after the abstract registration, please contact email@example.com via E-mail.
2. Membership number of the Japanese Physical Therapy Association
The adopted abstract will be registered on My Page in the achievement record with your membership number if the principle speaker is a member. Therefore, when a member registers his/her account, please make sure to enter correct membership number in half-width character (8-digit number starting from 1) in the field. If incorrect number is entered, notice of the adoption / rejection of the abstract may be delayed greatly due to the confirmation process. For those who are not association members, it is not necessary to fill in this field.
Please enter membership number of the co-speaker as well.
1. Period for Submission
Submission Opening at 12:00 on 22th (MON) April 2019
Submission Closing at 14:00 on 24th (FRI) May 2019
2. Please attach the abstract form (Word) and send it to the following E-mail address.
Abstract resistration E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ⅵ．Abstracts are invited in the following categories
Select one from the category specified to which you register your abstract.
＊Duplicate submission, such as the same abstract as in another session or the English translation of other submitted or published original abstract, is NOT allowed.
＊The final presentation format may be different from your request. While you may indicate your preferable format on your submission, the congress committee will assign to sessions depending on the result of the review.
Ⅶ．[NOTICE] Ethical Approval
You must ensure that your research was carried out ethically in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki of the World Medical Association.
In particular, regarding research that may invade privacy or affect human body, please specify that informed consent was obtained from the person in the field [Ethical consideration].
Also, if the research is approved by the ethics committee of the organization to which the speakers belong, please describe that in this field. If there is no such description, the abstract may not be adopted.
Ⅷ．Structure of an Abstract
(1) Abstract body [maximum 300 words]
(2) Abstract body must be structured with the following headings:
Do not modify the name of any heading.
You cannot enter anything other than text (such as charts, movies, audio, etc.).
Ⅸ. Peer review policy
Abstracts submitted for “The 6th Conference of Japanese Society of Sports Physical Therapy" are reviewed under the following peer review policy.
1. Selection and registration of reviewers
1) Candidate reviewers will be selected by the member subgroups of the Japanese Society of Physical Therapy Association, mainly from specialized physical therapists approved by the Japanese Physical Therapy Association considering their experience.
2) A person who accepts registration as a reviewer selects subdivisions that he/she can review in the acceptance procedure.
2. Reviewer allocation
1) Three reviewers peer review one submitted abstract.
2) A reviewer will not be allocated to the abstract of which the reviewer is the speaker (both principle and co-speaker) as well as the abstract submitted from the institution to which the reviewer belongs.
3. Peer review criteria
1) Rating: The reviewer scores the following 8 items according to separately defined criteria with a 5-stage ordinal scale.
(2) Contribution to physical therapy development
(3) Abstract contents: "Abstract title and keywords"
(4) Abstract contents: "Background and purpose"
(5) Abstract contents: "Methods"
(6) Abstract contents: "Ethical consideration"
(7) Abstract contents: "Results"
(8) Abstract contents: "Discussion"
2) Subject Classification: The member subgroup decides whether the subdivision classification is appropriate.
3) Comment: the whole impression and advice etc. can be described in free-writing form.
4. Acceptance / Rejection
Acceptance or Rejection will be decided by the academic conference director in the end after the review by the preparation committee.
Please note if you do not agree with the peer review policy, you cannot register your abstracts.
Ⅹ. Appraisal of abstract
1. The adoption of the abstract will be decided by the academic conference director in reference to the results made by the preparation committee.
2. The result of the appraisal will be notified by E-mail to the registered E-mail address.
3. The results of appraisal will be informed by early August, 2019.
4. The adopted abstract cannot be canceled. In principle, changes in the contents of the presentation after the registration period cannot be accepted for any reason.
We only accept contacts by E-mail. However, please refrain from using mobile phone mail.
1. Inquiries about contents of the academic conference.
2. Academic Conference Homepage
To be prepared...